Serves 4 as a main course of 6 as a side salad.
Ideal as an accompaniment to grilled kebabs or fish. Add 150g crumbled goat's or feta cheese to make it into more of a main course.
Can be prepared without the garnish, cooled, covered & stored in the fridge for up to 6 hours. Not suitable for freezing.
1. Measure the couscous into a large bowl.
2. Bring the vegetable stock to the boil.
3. Add the asparagus & mangetout to the boiling stock. Cook for about 3 minutes or until just tender but still with bite, then remove the pan from the heat.
4. Place a colander over the bowl of couscous & pour the liquid from the pan into the couscous.
5. Add salt & pepper to the couscous, give it a stir, then cover & leave to cool.
6. Refresh the asparagu & mangetout under cold running water then pat dry on kitchen paper.
7. Once the couscous has absorbed all the stock add the lemon juice & olive oil & toss with 2 forks to mix.
8. Add the spring onion, asparagus, manetout, pine nuts, parsley & mint.
9. Toss again, then taste & flavour with more salt, pepper or lemon juice if preferred.
10. Serve at room temperature, garnished with slices of lemon & sprigs of mint & parsley.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (202g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 110 (78%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.2g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.7g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 407.4mg||14 %|
|Potassium 267.4mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.1g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 7g|
|Protein 3.1g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 141
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!