1) In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium heat. Add peas, reduce heat, and cook until bright green, 1 to 2 minutes.
2) With a strainer, scoop peas into a bowl. Transfer half of the peas to a blender and puree until smooth; set aside. Keep the broth warm.
3) In a large saucepan, toast the rice over medium heat in oil, stirring often, until the rice has darkened slightly and has a nutty aroma, 3 to 5 minutes.
4) Add the broth 1 cup at a time, waiting until each addition is almost absorbed before adding more and stirring the rice frequently, for about 20 minutes total.
5) Before all the liquid has been absorbed, stir in both the pureed and whole peas, butter, and grated Parmesan cheese.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (349g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 78 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.6g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 13.1mg||4 %|
|Sodium 511mg||18 %|
|Potassium 316.1mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 53.1g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 48.1g|
|Protein 11.2g||16 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 340
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.