1. In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium high heat.
KEEP 1/4 cup of broccoli and 1/2 a zucchini aside for later use.
2. Add: onion, garlic, broccoli, zucchini, mint leaves, salt, pepper, basil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
3. Cook until zucchini is tender, broccoli is green, onions are translucent, stirring regularly.
4. Add: veggie broth and baby spinach
5. Stir and cook about 20 minutes
6. Add: frozen peas if using
7. Stir and cook about 5 minutes
8. Ladle all of the soup into the blender and blend until smooth (I like it a little thicker side)
9. In the empty pot, add some more olive oil, and cook the broccoli and zucchini, salt and pepper and italian seasoning that you set aside until they are cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. (this will give you soup some chunks instead of just a liquid soup.
10. Pour soup from blender back into pot, stir
11. serve in bowl and top with cilantro
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (2573g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 152 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.9g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.4g||12 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 3794.5mg||131 %|
|Potassium 3019.8mg||79 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 100.7g||30 %|
|Dietary Fiber 27.5g||110 %|
|Sugars, other 73.2g|
|Protein 25.3g||36 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 570
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!