1. Grind or finely chop Tomatoes, Onions, Peppers and Celery and place in large shallow pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup of salt and leave stand for several hours to overnight, covered, in a cool or refrigerated place.
2. Squeeze ground vegetables as dry as possible (or drain using cheesecloth). Put the mixture into a very large pot (canner size) and add remaining ingredients, LESS HORSERADISH.
3. Stirring frequently, bring to a near boil and then simmer for 30 minutes over medium heat.
4. Stir in Horseradish and remove from heat.
5. Sterilize jars and lids (12-18 half-pints OR, 6-10 pint). Pack hot relish into sterilized jars, filling just shy of top of jar. Place lids and screw on rings. Put sealed jars into boiling water bath for 30 minutes. Remove jars to cloth covered surface and allow to cool. Once cool, check jars for tight seal observing for well-vacuumed down lid.
Check your local garden center late in season for they'll often have many remaining tomatoes on the vine that are green. It is okay to use a few partially ripe tomatoes provided they are still very firm.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Dozen (11071g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Dozen|
|Calories from Fat: 659 (6%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 73.2g||98 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.1g||35 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 39.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 17.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1325mg||46 %|
|Potassium 18691.8mg||492 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2431g||715 %|
|Dietary Fiber 191.4g||766 %|
|Sugars, other 2239.7g|
|Protein 144.3g||206 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 10711
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.