1. Finely mince garlic. Coarsely chop onion and bell pepper.
2. Heat pan on high until hot. Add oil to non-stick pan. Reduce heat to med. high.
3. Add onions, bell pepper and 1 tbs. each of chili powder and oregano to pan. Sautee until translucent.
4. Add ground beef and 1 tbs. each of chili powder and oregano to pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until just browned (meat will finish cooking while chili is simmering). Add minced garlic to pan when meat is about half browned.
5. Add tomato soup, tomato paste and 1 can of water to chili. Mix thoroughly.
6. Add kidney beans to chili and mix. Add 1 tbs. each of chili powder and oregano.
7. Optional - Add habenero pepper and ? cup of water to blender and puree. Add to chili.
8. Simmer on low heat for about 1 hour (the longer the better!!) or transfer to crock-pot and simmer on low for 4-5 hours (again, the longer the better).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (507g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 570 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 63.4g||84 %|
|Saturated Fat 22.3g||111 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 22.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.4g|
|Cholesterol 170.1mg||52 %|
|Sodium 444.4mg||15 %|
|Potassium 1494.4mg||39 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.1g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10.9g||44 %|
|Sugars, other 28.2g|
|Protein 46.5g||66 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 904
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.