1. Saute' onion, tomato paste, and bay leaves over medium heat with the gremolata from the beef in the roasting pan (you may need to be o two burners). Cook until onion softens.
2. Deglaze with wine, scraping the pan. Simmer to evaporate liquid.
3. Sprinkle flour over the onion mixture - it will likely pasty.
4. Gradually whisk reserved potato water and beef broth. Whisk constantly to prevent lumps. Simmer until slightly thick,about 5 minutes.
5. Finish gravy with butter, vinegar, seasonings and any juices that have accumulated as the roasts have rested. Strain, then serve with sliced beef and roasted potatoes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (196g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 71 (33%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.9g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.9g||25 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 20.4mg||6 %|
|Sodium 110.4mg||4 %|
|Potassium 542.7mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29.8g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 26.4g|
|Protein 3.5g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 216
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!