1) Peel and chop 1 apple.
2) Melt butter in (~2 Qt.) pot over medium heat.
3) Add apples to pot. Stir apples until they are well coated in butter.
4) Add cinnamon to pot. Stir apple-cinnamon mixture, making sure the cinnamon is well distributed.
5) Add brown sugar to pot. Stir mixture until the sugar is melted.
6) Add sunflower seeds, dried blueberries, and steel-cut oats. Stir until well-mixed.
7) Add water, increase heat to high and stir until mixture begins to boil.
8) Reduce heat to low and cover.
9) Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
10) Let stand for 2 minutes.
11) Transfer oatmeal to bowl.
12) Add milk to taste and desired consistency. Serve.
Different oats take different cooking times. This recipe uses the cook time of the oats on hand. The apples make the finished oatmeal thinner than it would otherwise be.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (588g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 275 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.6g||41 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.2g||51 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.9g|
|Cholesterol 36.5mg||11 %|
|Sodium 140.5mg||5 %|
|Potassium 778.8mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 147.9g||43 %|
|Dietary Fiber 12.2g||49 %|
|Sugars, other 135.7g|
|Protein 16.1g||23 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 892
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!