* Sift flour with baking powder, salt and sugar into a medium bowl.
* With a rotary beater, beat in egg.
* Add milk and butter, beat until well mixed.
* Pour into dry ingredients; beat only until combined batter will be lumpy.
* Meanwhile, slowly heat griddle or heavy skillet.
* To test temperature, drop a little cold water onto the hot griddle, water should roll off in drops.
* Use about 1/4 cup batter for each griddle cake.
* Cook until bubbles form on surface and edges become dry.
* Turn and cook 2 minutes longer, or until nicely browned on underside.
* Once these are cooked, you can save and place them in a plastic bag and place in the freezer and thaw and reheat at a later time.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (63g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 46 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.1g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.9g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 46.2mg||14 %|
|Sodium 164.8mg||6 %|
|Potassium 60.9mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 32.8g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 32g|
|Protein 4.1g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 192
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.