1) Heat grill to high. Stack tortillas and wrap in foil; set aside.
2) In a small bowl, combine salt, garlic, chili powder and cumin; set aside.
3) Cut avocado in half and remove pit; use a large tablespoon to gently scoop out each half. Brush cut sides of avocado with 1/2 tsp. oil; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. spice mixture.
4) Core and seed the red peppers; slice each into 6 rings and place in a large bowl. Trim scallions; halve lengthwise and add to peppers. Drizzle vegetables with remaining 1 tsp. oil; toss with 1 tsp. spice mixture. Rub remaining spice mixture all over steak.
5) Place foil packet of tortillas on top rack of grill; place steak, peppers, scallions and avocado on grill close to heat. Grill vegetables and avocado until charred, about 2-3 minutes per side; remove from grill and set aside. Grill steak, flipping once, about 4-5 minutes per side, for medium rare or longer for desired degree of doneness; remove from grill and let rest a few minutes before very thinly slicing against the grain.
6) To serve: cut each avocado half into 6 even pieces; mash one piece down center of each tortilla. Layer each with one pepper ring, 2 pieces of scallion, and about 1 oz. steak; garnish with onion, cheese, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and hot sauce to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (301g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 113 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.6g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.2g|
|Cholesterol 21.1mg||6 %|
|Sodium 213.5mg||7 %|
|Potassium 678.2mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 90.7g||27 %|
|Dietary Fiber 14.3g||57 %|
|Sugars, other 76.4g|
|Protein 20.8g||30 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 540
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.