1) Rinse the fish steaks under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Place in a nonreactive baking dish just large enough to hold them flat in a single layer and set asside while you prepare the marinade.
2) Combine the garlic, onion, bell pepper, oil, wine, ketchup, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a blender and process to a smooth puree. Add the cilantro and pulse just to mix. Marinate fish for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
3) Preheat the grill to high.
4) When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Remove the fish steaks from the marinade and arrange, facing the same direction, on the hot grate. If using tuna, grill until cooked to taste, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare, turning over carefully with a long spatula. For and attractive crosshatch of grill marks, rotate the steaks 90 after the first 2 minutes on each side.
5) Transfer the steaks to serving plates or a platter and serve immediately.
Note: When cooking Swordfish or Salmon, cook the steaks until opaque in the center when pierced with a knife, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
We really enjoyed this meal. We will be making this again in the future.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (40g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 35 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.9g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 86.8mg||3 %|
|Potassium 167.5mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.2g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 5.5g|
|Protein 1.2g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 65
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.