1. Heat balsamic vinegar over medium-high until you reach a low boil. Continue to boil for approximately 15 minutes to reduce the vinegar and concentrate the flavors.
2. Remove from heat and allow the vinegar to cool slightly, for about 5 minutes, and then stir in chopped chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted, then set aside to cool.
3. Heat your grill or grill pan to high/medium-high … you want it to be fairly hot before you begin grilling.
4. Cut pears length-wise, down the middle, leaving on the stem. Brush each cut surface with olive oil and place the pears, flesh down, on the grill.
5. Allow the pears to cook for 5-7 minutes. Do not flip or move the pears or you’ll loose your gorgeous grill marks!
6. When done, plate the pears and drizzle with the balsamic-ginger chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (257g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 50 (20%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.5g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.8g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 1mg||0 %|
|Sodium 19.7mg||1 %|
|Potassium 363.6mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 46.9g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||26 %|
|Sugars, other 40.4g|
|Protein 1.7g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 244
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.