1. Combine water, sugar and yeast. Proof until foamy, about 5 minutes
2. Mix flours and 1/2 T salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
3. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to yeast mixture once it has proofed, then pour into flour mixture. Knead on low speed 10 minutes (if kneading by hand, knead the same amount of time). Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 2 hours.
4. Punch down and divide into 4 balls, pinching the bottoms closed. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place another hour.
5. Preheat grill. Brush the onions and peppers with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until soft, about 5-10 minutes. Remove the onions and separate into rings and roughly chop, remove the peppers and slice into 1/8 inch slices.
6. Heat grill to high. Roll dough on dry work surface dusted with flour. Shape into 10-12 inch circle or rectangle - don't worry if it's not perfect. An irregular shape makes it look rustic. Brush dough with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, if desired, and use your fingers to lift the edges and drape it directly on the hottest part of the grill and grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Use a spatula or tongs to carefully flip the crust and brown the other side for 2-3 minutes. Remove the grill and place on a flat surface. Repeat with the rest of the crusts.
7. Divide the shredded mozzarella among the 4 crusts. Top with the grilled peppers and onions then add sliced precooked sausage, and tomato slices.
8. Mix basil leaves, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper to taste and 1/2 cup olive oil. Pour into a tightly sealed bottle and shake well. Drizzle over pizzas and heat on grill until hot. Serve immediately.
I was happy my combination of recipes came out really delicious. It's very versatile and you can use any vegetables you like. It would also work well with eggplant and squash.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (590g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 245 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 27.2g||36 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.3g||41 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3g|
|Cholesterol 36.3mg||11 %|
|Sodium 848.2mg||29 %|
|Potassium 1006.9mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 192g||56 %|
|Dietary Fiber 13.2g||53 %|
|Sugars, other 178.8g|
|Protein 37.5g||54 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1153
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.