1. Sprinkle entire surface of steak with salt; let sit at room temperature for 1 hour. Pat steaks dry with paper towels; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon of pepper.
2. turn all burners on high and heat with lid down until very hot, about 15 minutes. Scrape grate clean with grill brush. Leave primary burner on high and turn others to low.
3. Position steak over hottest part of the grill with tenderloin facing the cooler side. Grill without moving until dark brown crust forms, about 6 minutes with lid down. Flip steak and turn so tenderloin again faces the cooler side and grill for another 6 minutes with the lid down.
4. Transfer steaks to cooler side of teh grill, with the bone side facing the fire. Cover and continue cooking for another 6 minutes, flipping steak halfway through.
5. Let steak rest 10 minutes before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (228g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 373 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 41.5g||55 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.6g||83 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 143.4mg||44 %|
|Sodium 1328.4mg||46 %|
|Potassium 683.2mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.7g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 0.4g|
|Protein 42.2g||60 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 556
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!