1. In a large pot, add the salt and bring to a boil
2. Reduce the temp to simmer
3. Add the grits to the water slowly while constantly stirring to prevent lumps.
4. Stir for about 30 seconds and then put a lid on the pot.
5. Let the grits cook for about 6 to 7 minutes stirring really good about every minute or so.
6. When grits are done, add the pepper and completely stir.
7. Quickly add 2 eggs and whisk into the grits so that they don't cook - you want them to be smooth and creamy.
8. Remove from heat and add the butter. Put the lid on and let the butter melt. When ready to serve whisk the butter into the grits and enjoy.
If you want cheese grits, just add 1 to 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and mix until smooth before adding the butter. Once mixed then add the butter and follow the instructions from there. You could also add about 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper when making cheese grits.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (330g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 77 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.5g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.1g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 21.9mg||7 %|
|Sodium 97.5mg||3 %|
|Potassium 122.1mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 35.8g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 35.1g|
|Protein 5.2g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 242
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!