- Combine baking soda, salt, and 2 tbsp of water in a bowl and whisk to combine
- Add ground beef to bowl and stir with hands to moisten the meat
- Toast Ancho Chiles in a pan on medium heat until they are crispped
- Add chiles, tortilla chips, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, coriander, oregano, pepper and Thyme to a food processor and process for 2 min until it is a fine powder (this is your homemade chili powder and its great for lots of recipes)
- Remove chili powder from bowl and add tomatos with canning juice. Process for 30 seconds
- In a pot on medium heat add oil and onions and cook until soft
- Add garlic and cook for 1 min
- Add beef and cook to brown
- Add chili powder/spice mixture from above along with Chipotle Peppers, pinto beans(w/canning water), sugar, processed tomatoes, water and bring to a simmer.
- Place pot in your oven and cook 2 hours at 275F
- After cooking add vinegar
- Salt to taste
Serve with garnish of cilantro, lime juice, cheese, red onion and avocado
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (342g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 237 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.3g||35 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.3g||46 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 102.8mg||32 %|
|Sodium 677.2mg||23 %|
|Potassium 625.9mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.1g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 7.7g|
|Protein 30g||43 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 398
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!