1. Roast the chiles, about 5 to 10 minutes in ungreased skillet over medium heat. When softened mash them into a coarse puree, using a mortar, or finely chop them. Place in large bowl.
2. Scoop the chopped onion into a strainer and rinse under cold water; shake off excess water and add to the bowl with chiles. Chop the tomatoes into small bits-skin, seeds and all. Add to the bowl along with the cilantro.
3. Scoop out avocado flesh and add to bowl. Use either potato masher or back of a large spoon to mash the avocado flesh into a coarse pulp, mixing int the other ingredients as you go.
4. Season with salt, usually a scant teaspoon, then add lime juice and taste again. Continue seasoning until guacamole has enough zip.
5. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour before eating. Sprinkle with chopped onion, cilantro and radish slices.
Makes about 2 ? cups, serving 6 as appetizer.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (108g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 8 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.8g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 5.8mg||0 %|
|Potassium 261.9mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.3g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 3.8g|
|Protein 1.1g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 29
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.