This is a basic guacamole recipe that my guests always enjoy. Here are a few recommended changes that will add variety and a little spice, just add the following:
Cajun --- red bell pepper, green onion, garlic, fresh thyme, cayenne pepper.
Californian --- goat cheese, pistachio, garlic, red pepper flakes.
Texan --- more tomato, black olives, vinegar, garlic, olive oil.
1. Dice the onion, tomatoes (no seeds), jalapeños, chopped cilantro and set aside.
2. In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat avocado. Reserve excess lime juice after all the avocados have been coated.
3. Add salt, cumin, and cayenne to avocados. Using a fork or potato masher mash and mixed well.
4. Fold in the onions, jalapeño and cilantro.
5. Add 1 or more tablespoons of reserved lime juice to taste. I like more lime juice.
6. Add more salt or cayenne pepper to taste. Initially go light on cayenne more can be added at this time.
Note: Always taste and adjust until the dish is well balanced. A little more or less salt, cayenne or lime juice will make a big difference.
To remove seeds from Roma tomato cut in half and squeeze the top and bottom halves over the sink to remove seeds.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (248g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 179 (73%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19.9g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.9g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 118.1mg||4 %|
|Potassium 853mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.7g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10.3g||41 %|
|Sugars, other 8.4g|
|Protein 3.7g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 246
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.