1. Using a sharp knife, slice avocados vertically (longitude-wise) all the way around right to the stone, then give a twist to open. Using the knife, give the stone a firm smack with blade, then twist to easily remove stone.
2. Spoon out the meat of the avocados into a serving bowl, then using two knives, or a pastry cutter, chop into 1/4" to 1/2" chunks.
3. Cut up tomatoe into small chunks and add to avocados.
4. Add crushed garlic, pepper, sea salt, lime juice, cilantro and red Spanish onion and stir gently from bottom to top, just until mixed; careful not to mash.
5. Serve with chips and enjoy!
Be careful not to mash or it won't be the authentic Yucatan-style.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (152g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 134 (76%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.8g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.2g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 118.6mg||4 %|
|Potassium 592.7mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.4g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.6g||30 %|
|Sugars, other 4.8g|
|Protein 2.6g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 176
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.