1. Heat together the stock and water in a large saucepan.
2. Heat the oil in a large casserole dish and fry the sausages for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the pan and reserve.
3. Add the chicken, cook for 2-3 minutes until golden and remove from the pan.
4. Fry the okra for 5 minutes, until golden and then add the onion and celery fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
5. Stir okra, celery and onion into the stock, followed by the chicken, and simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and gumbo is thickened.
6. Add the sausages and spring onions, season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Serve with Cajun rice in large soup bowls, adding hot chilli sauce to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (456g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 338 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 37.5g||50 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.2g||61 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 16.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.5g|
|Cholesterol 114.7mg||35 %|
|Sodium 1677.8mg||58 %|
|Potassium 912.7mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 16.6g|
|Protein 36.6g||52 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 568
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!