- make the roux
- add the celery, bell pepper and onions and cook about 5 -6 minutes, then add garlic and saute about 30 seconds
- add broth & spices, cover & simmer 30 minutes
- while the broth simmers, chop and brown the sausage and make the rice
- add the shrimp, sausage, okra and tomato, simmer about 10 minutes or until shrimp are done
- add the file powder, allow to thicken (if no file, can use a corn starch slurry)
Serve over hot rice
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (66g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 24 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.7g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 82.7mg||3 %|
|Potassium 72.3mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.3g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 3.7g|
|Protein 0.7g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 43
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!