1. In a large heavy pot (such as a cast iron Dutch oven), heat the fat or oil over high heat. Add the meat and sear, stirring, until no longer pink. Lower the heat to medium-high
2. Add the onions, jalapenos, garlic, chiles, and chili powder, and cook, stirring constantly, until the onions are wilted and start to color, 4 to 5 minutes
3. Add the cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper, and cook until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
4. Add the beer and tequila and cook, stirring, to deglaze the pan, then add can of beans
5. Add the chipotles and adobo sauce and 4 cups of the stock, stir well, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer partially covered, stirring occasionally, until the meat is very tender, 2 to 3 hours, adding the remaining cup of stock as needed if the chili becomes too dry or thick. When the meat is tender and the chili is ready.
6. Remove from the heat and correct the seasoning, to taste. Skim any fat from the surface.
Ladle into bowls and garnish each with cilantro, chopped onions, and a dollop of sour cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (4575g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 661 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 73.4g||98 %|
|Saturated Fat 25.4g||127 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 32g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.3g|
|Cholesterol 77.8mg||24 %|
|Sodium 5671.9mg||196 %|
|Potassium 5911.1mg||156 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 110.4g||32 %|
|Dietary Fiber 21.5g||86 %|
|Sugars, other 89g|
|Protein 72.3g||103 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1457
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!