1. Mix together marinade,put into plastic bag.
2. Add fish to bag and massage marinade around fish, adding a little water if there is not enough marinade to cover fish. Put into fridge for at least 20 minutes.
3. Remove from fridge and rinse fish off. Set aside.
4. While fish is marinading, heat oil in good sized frying pan. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes, then add garlic, ginger and optional mushrooms and saute for another 5 minutes.
5. Add tomato sauce, clove, cardamom, curry leaves, Vietnamese chili paste, Pataks paste, tumeric and coconut,honey or sugar, 1 c water and stir gently. Cook for another 10 minutes, adding water if coconut was particularly thick.
6. Add fish pieces, drained tomatoes (cut in half) and red pepper and continue to cook until fish is done.
7. Throw in chopped cilantro.
8. Put curry into serving dish and garnish with remaining cilantro
9. Serve with rice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (566g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 130 (83%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.4g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.3g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 70.4mg||2 %|
|Potassium 263mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.4g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 6.3g|
|Protein 1.9g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 157
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.