1. Preheat oven (I use my toaster over) to 350.
2. Grind raw almonds in your coffee grinder until you have 1.5 cups of flour. Some of it should have to be dug from the bottom of your grinder with your finger or it’s not fine enough.
3. Separate two eggs and add the yolks to the flour with 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1T honey.
4. Beat the snot out of the whites. I’ve never gotten peaks to form, but fluffy helps the rising. Fold those in and add enough water or more flour to make it a muffin batter consistency.
5. Make bun sized forms out of foil and butter them. I squish it around my tuna drainer. (Which, incidentally, is the most useful thing in my kitchen. I rarely use it for tuna.)
6. Fill forms and bake for 10 minutes. Check and rotate if using a toaster oven. Mine usually need five more minutes to get golden brown.
7. Remove from toaster and cool a second. Slowly peel out of foil and cool completely.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (139g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 248 (70%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 27.5g||37 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.4g||22 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.7g|
|Cholesterol 423mg||130 %|
|Sodium 322mg||11 %|
|Potassium 386.5mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.7g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 6.3g|
|Protein 20.1g||29 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 356
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!