1. Preheat oven to 400-degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl or food processor, combine flour, 1/2 t salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Cut in 4 T cold butter until mixture resemble fine meal. Add water in a slow, steady stream while mixing.
3. Mixture should be somewhat dry, but hold together when squeezed (don't overmix). Form mixture into a ball.
4. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Using the textured side of a meat tenderizer, press into dough to give each cracker a grid pattern (a wooden skewer could also be used to create a pattern on each cracker). Using a fluted pastry wheel, cut along the outer edge of the grid pattern.
5. Transfer crackers to prepared baking sheet, leaving about 1/2-inch space between each cracker. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. While crackers are baking, melt remaining 4 T butter. Remove crackers from oven, brush with half the melted butter, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 t salt. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
7. Brush crackers again with the remaining butter and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely Store in an airtight container.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (19g)|
|Recipe Makes: 32 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 52 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.8g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.6g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 15.3mg||5 %|
|Sodium 21mg||1 %|
|Potassium 2.9mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.2g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 8.2g|
|Protein 0.1g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 83
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!