1. Boil the eggs, remove shell and set aside.
2. Peel and chop onion, add to meat and brown, drain grease and set aside.
3. Wash and peel potatoes, slice thin and evenly, set aside.
4. Mix egg, milk & water, set aside.
5. Slice hardboiled eggs.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Start layering. Add 1/2 the potatoes, sprinker with salt, pepper & parsley, then the red peppers, then half the meat (optional: crushed red pepper on the meat and onions.), then half of the sliced eggs and then half the cheese slices. Repeat, only use the orange peppers for this layer.
8. Pour the egg and milk mixture over the top of the casserole. Touch off with additional salt and pepper and bake.
9. Bake for 1- 1/2 hours, let set for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting. Serve and eat!
Notes: Before pulling it out of the oven, test to make sure its done. Tip it to one corner and if there is no liquid its done. Bake time will vary depending on the size of pan used and number of layers added. (Fresh Mushrooms would be pretty tasty in here too!)
Top off with salsa, green chili or tabasco sauce.
This is a great all in one meal. Can be used as a breakfast or a side dish. I used Ground Chuck but I would have used a breakfast sausage and added fresh mushrooms if it were available
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (845g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 511 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 56.7g||76 %|
|Saturated Fat 18.8g||94 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 22.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.2g|
|Cholesterol 1815.7mg||559 %|
|Sodium 656.1mg||23 %|
|Potassium 2116.7mg||56 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 59.8g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.2g||29 %|
|Sugars, other 52.5g|
|Protein 71.9g||103 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1036
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.