* Peel potatoes
* Shred potatoes in food processor
* Rinse shredded potatoes until water is clear
* Drain and squeeze dry
* Place shreds in a bowl, and mix in the onion, flour and egg until evenly distributed.
In a large heavy skillet
* Heat about 1/4 inch of oil over medium-high heat.
When oil is sizzling hot,
* Place potatoes into the pan in a 1/2 inch thick layer.
- Cover the whole bottom of the pan, or make separate piles like pancakes.
* Cook until nicely browned on the bottom, then flip over and brown on the other side.
- It should take at least 5 minutes per side. If you are cooking them in one big piece, it can be cut into quarters for easier flipping.
* Remove from pan, and drain on paper towels.
* Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Good old fashioned restaurant-style hash browns. Perfect with hot pepper sauce and ketchup!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (155g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 369 (78%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 41g||55 %|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 25.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 123mg||4 %|
|Potassium 453.8mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 23.4g|
|Protein 3.1g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 473
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.