Fish is one of our favorite, fastest meals to make, and this easy grilled Mahi Mahi paired with a light, fresh pineapple and mango salsa give just the right amount of sweet-spicy tropical flavor.
Source: BigOven Editorial
1. Place the mahi mahi filets in a shallow baking dish or a resealable plastic bag.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, pineapple juice, soy sauce or tamari, honey, lime juice, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Pour two-thirds of the mixture over the mahi mahi. Cover the dish or seal the bag and place the fish in the refrigerator to marinate for 15 to 30 minutes. Cover the remaining one-third of the marinade for basting later.
3. While the fish is marinating, make the salsa. Toss together the mango, pineapple, bell peppers, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, about 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the mahi mahi from the marinade and discard the marinade the fish was in. When the grill is to temperature, place the fish on the grill grates. Use a basting brush to brush each piece of fish with some of the reserved pineapple juice marinade. Grill for about 5 minutes or until the fish has grill marks and easily releases from the grates. Flip each piece of fish and baste again. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes more until the fish feels firm to the touch and flakes easily.
5. Serve the mahi mahi topped with the mango-pineapple salsa.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (384g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 37 (20%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.1g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 55.2mg||2 %|
|Potassium 1200.9mg||32 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 36.5g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.9g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 31.5g|
|Protein 5.9g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 184
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.