1) Bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil.
2) Add macaroni and cook until very soft (about 15 minutes). No al dente here.
3) Drain macaroni and return to pot. Pour over the cider vinegar and the macaroni until the liquid is absorbed. Let cool for 10 minutes.
4) While the pasta cools, whisk together 1 1/2 cups of the milk, 1 cup of the mayonnaise, the brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of pepper.
5) Once cooled, coat the cooked pasta with the dressing and cool completely to room temperature.
6) Add remaining milk and mayonnaise, along with carrot, celery, and scallions. If you’re adding grated onions or peas, now is the time for those as well.
7) Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
8) Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (1063g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 86 (4%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.6g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3g|
|Cholesterol 6.1mg||2 %|
|Sodium 736.2mg||25 %|
|Potassium 2320.1mg||61 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 397.1g||117 %|
|Dietary Fiber 24.5g||98 %|
|Sugars, other 372.6g|
|Protein 68g||97 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1971
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!