This is my healthy version of banana cake, different from most conventional recipes. I want it to be less sweet and fattening for my parents. I used moderate amount of brown sugar instead of white sugar and substituted usual butter with olive margarine. It is quite easy since I don't bake often and I managed to get it right the first time. The cake is very soft and has the natural sweetness and freshness of the banana. I suggest the sugar level can be lower if you want it to be even healthier.
1. Mix flour, sugar, salt, water and egg into a smooth batter.
2. Mash the banana with the margarine. Add that into the flour batter in step 1 and mix well. Optional: add a few drops of vanilla essence extract and mix further.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 min, at 200 deg celsius or approximately 400
Note: 1. The baking mix that I used already has leavening ingredient. You may add baking soda if you are using plain flour.
2. The margarine I used is very soft (because it is actually for spreading on breads), hence it saves me the trouble to heat it up to melt it (unlike butter). Furthermore, it is olive oil based and hence is a much healthier version.
3. I like using Delmonte banana because it gives a light fresh scent in the cake.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (88g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 50 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.5g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.6g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 46.5mg||14 %|
|Sodium 515.7mg||18 %|
|Potassium 176.6mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.1g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 36.8g|
|Protein 3.1g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 208
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!