1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or use muffin liners, but spray muffin liners with nonstick spray if using.
2. Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, protein powder, and flax in a large bowl. Stir with whisk until combined.
3. Combine applesauce, eggs, oil and milk in a small bowl and mix with whisk or fork.
4. Mix into the flour mixture, just wetting it with the milk mixture. Fold in berries, so that the batter is wet, but not over mixed.
5. Mix together the ingredients for the topping: flour, butter, sugar and cinnamon with a fork until it resembles a course crumb.
6. Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin cups, and add topping.
7. Bake in the oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20-24 minutes. Do not overcook.
If using frozen berries the muffins will take a little longer to cook. Just keep an eye on them.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (93g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 55 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.2g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.8g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 36.6mg||11 %|
|Sodium 1474.1mg||51 %|
|Potassium 98.9mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 43g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 41.3g|
|Protein 4.9g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 239
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!