1. Place sweet potato in microwaveable bowl with 60 mL (1/4 cup) of water. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 4 to 6 minutes or until very soft. Drain and mash with potato masher until smooth; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in pot of boiling water, cook macaroni for about 8 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain well and return to pot.
3. In saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat and stir in flour. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until thickened. Slowly whisk in milk and cook, whisking occasionally for about 8 minutes or until starting to bubble around the edge. Whisk in cheese and mustard until smooth. Whisk in sweet potato and add peas.
4. Pour into macaroni mixture and stir until well combined.
5. Breadcrumb topping: In small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and margarine.
6. Scrape macaroni mixture into 2 L (8 inch) glass casserole dish and sprinkle with breadcrumb topping. Bake in 190 C (375 F) oven for about 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (207g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 122 (29%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.5g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.9g||40 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 35.4mg||11 %|
|Sodium 367.5mg||13 %|
|Potassium 287.5mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 62.9g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.7g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 56.1g|
|Protein 16.8g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 425
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!