I found a recipe for oatmeal quick bread that I really like, and have changed it up to make it lower in fat, refined sugar and gluten.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowel, mis together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Stir in brown sugar, oatmeal and nuts.
4. In a small bowl, beat together the applesauce, oil, eggs and milk together until well blended.
5. Add the wet mixture into the wet mixture into the dry mixture, stirring only until dry ingredients are moistened.
6. Pour better into loaf pan, and bake 80 to 90 minutes.
*I've also tried substituting the oatmeal with 3 ripe bananas that have been pureed.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (264g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 83 (17%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.3g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 264.5mg||81 %|
|Sodium 319.7mg||11 %|
|Potassium 417.2mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 96.2g||28 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.7g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 89.5g|
|Protein 13.9g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 499
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!