1) Saute chopped onion, garlic, and green chiles until onions are slightly browned and chiles are fragrant.
2) Add almond milk and cream cheese. Wisk in cream cheese until melted and distributed evenly.
3) Add almond flour. Wisk out lumps and let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
4) Now that the base is done, add water and chicken. Stir often and well. Allow to cook down for about 30 minutes.
5) Add tablespoon of cornstarch to thicken the broth/gravy slightly, and stir.
6) Season to taste with fajita seasoning and serve.
Be sparing with fajita seasoning! Between the chiles and the cream cheese, this recipe is already salty. This is why I add it last.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (338g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 52 (22%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.8g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 96.3mg||30 %|
|Sodium 159.6mg||6 %|
|Potassium 688.5mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.8g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 4.4g|
|Protein 38.4g||55 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 237
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!