• Place beef in a large dutch oven, cover with water and bring to a boil. Add salt, epazote and garlic cloves. Cover and cook over medium heat for 45 minutes.
• Meanwhile, puree tomatoes with the Oaxaca Cooking Paste in a blender. Heat oil in a saucepan over high heat and add the puree. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
• Add puree to the dutch oven with the meat and cook, covered, over low heat for 30 minutes.
• Add chayote and cook for 10 minutes, then add corn, zucchinis and green beans and cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Season with salt.
• Garnish with onion and squeeze a small amount of lime juice over the stew. Eat with a tortilla rolled in a “taquito”. Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1384g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 402 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 44.7g||60 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.4g||57 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 13.9g|
|Cholesterol 74.8mg||23 %|
|Sodium 278mg||10 %|
|Potassium 2001.7mg||53 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 188.4g||55 %|
|Dietary Fiber 29.6g||119 %|
|Sugars, other 158.8g|
|Protein 46.9g||67 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1299
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.