1. In an 8 quart stockpot, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat.
2. Add the flour to a hallow bowl and season with about 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
3. Dredge the chicken in the flour, shake off the excess and place half of the chicken in the stockpot and do not overcrowd.
4. Cook until golden, about 3 minutes per side, then transfer the chicken to a bowl.
5. Brown the remaining chicken in 2 more tablespoons of oil.
6. Add the remaining tablespoons of oil and the carrots, celery, and onion to the stockpot and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
7. Add the sliced leek and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
8. Add the chicken stock and water and bring to a boil.
9. Cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes.
10. Add the orzo and chicken to the pot and cover and simmer for about 10 - 12 minutes or until orzo is tender.
11. Stir in the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with tarragon.
12. Serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (353g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 98 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.8g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.8g|
|Cholesterol 59.9mg||18 %|
|Sodium 372.7mg||13 %|
|Potassium 502.4mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.8g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 20.5g|
|Protein 18.5g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 262
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!