- 1 ea. #.5 lb. Whole Chicken, Washed and Dried - 1 tbsp Fresh Rosemary, Chopped
- 2 tbsp Garlic, Chopped
- 6 tbsp E.V.O.
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, Ground
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Marjoram, Chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Oregano, Chopped
1) Combine fresh herbs, E.V.O., garlic, salt and pepper
2) Rub the chicken with marinade
3) Allow to sit for 3 hours
4) Remove from marinade placing chicken on to a roasting rack breast side facing down
5) Save the leftover marinade 6) Preheat oven to 350°F
7) Once the oven has come to temp, place the roasting rack and chicken in the oven for 45 minutes
8) Turn the oven temp up to 400°F and flip the chicken to have breast facing up for final stage of roasting (during this stage, add the marinade that was reserved and allow to heat up; baste the chicken with this and its own pan drippings)
9) Allow the chicken to fully reach golden brown until skin is crispy
10) Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 30 minutes before serving
1) Cook the chicken (if roasting on the bone) at a slower temperature to start (300°F) and
finish at a higher temperature (420°F) to obtain color and flavor
2) Brine or salt (season) the chicken at least 3 hrs prior to cooking
3) Allow the chicken in all forms (breast, Thigh, Whole, Legs) to rest before eating or
4) When temping chicken, allow for 10 to 15 degrees of carryover cooking. If you're
looking for 165°F for chicken thighs you should pull them from the oven at 155. This allows the meat to react to the full inertia of the heat during roasting
5) Baste the meat during the cooking process; baste with BBQ sauce, butter, oil, or pan drippings. This provides a layer of protection for the meat, keeping it moist or adding to caramelization, but most of all adding flavor
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (0g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!