1. Take lamb out of refrigerator at least one hour before start so can reach room temperature. If using frozen lamb, first defrost over night in refrigerator.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Place bread crumbs, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper (first list above) in bowl. Add olive oil so it becomes a moist paste.
4. Cut any excess fat off ribs so only lean meat exposed. Season with salt and pepper (second list above) and add olive to a large skillet. Place skillet on stove with high heat. Pace rack in pan with tongs and sear both sides of lean meat - total about two minutes.
5. Cover rack of lamb with dijon mustard front and back and rub bread crumb mixture over entire lean meet area. Cover ends of bones with aluminum foil so attractive after high heat cooking.
6. Place in uncovered roasting pan in the 450F oven in the center. Rare will be about 12 minutes cook time, medium rare 15 minutes, 18 minutes is moving into well done territory. An instant read thermometer that has been calibrated will read 125F to 130F for rare. Take rack of lamb out of oven, place on cutting board and cover with aluminum foil tent. Let rest for 7-10 minutes. Rest period cooks meat from inside to out and is critical step if you want juicy tender middle.
7. Slice three ribs per serving.
If undercooked likely did not start with room temperature rack, or oven not really 450. Check with oven thermometer, make sure up to temperature before place ribs in oven. I like to use lodge cast iron grill pan over roasting pan ... it really holds heat well
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (144g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 214 (61%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.7g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.9g||50 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 74.1mg||23 %|
|Sodium 751.2mg||26 %|
|Potassium 384.5mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.5g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 9g|
|Protein 22.5g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 349
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.