1. In large mixer bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of the all-purpose flour, 1 cup of the whole wheat flour, yeast, salt, dill seeds, basil and thyme; mix well.
2. In saucepan, heat water, honey and oil until very warm (120-130degrees). Add to flour mixture. Add egg. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
3. By hand, gradually stir in remaining whole wheat flour and enough remaining all-purpose flour to make a firm dough. Knead on floured surface until smooth and elastic, 5 to 8 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes (1 hour for active dry yeast).
4. Punch down dough. Divide into to parts. On lightly floured surface, roll or pat one half to a 14x 7 inch rectangle. Starting with the shorter side, roll up tightly, pressin dough into roll with each turn. Pinch edge and ends to seal. Place in greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2x 2 1/2 inch bread pan. Repeat with second half of dough. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled, about 25 minutes (45 minutes for active dry yeast).
5. Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 15 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 375-degrees and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until loaves sound hollow when tapped. Remove from pans; cool.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (25g)|
|Recipe Makes: 30 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 18 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 6.2mg||2 %|
|Sodium 3.2mg||0 %|
|Potassium 59.8mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.7g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 9g|
|Protein 1.9g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 64
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!