Decadent and delicious
1. Put the potatoes in a large pot, add water to cover by about 3 inches and salt the water liberally. Bring to boil over medium-high heat.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes.
3. Drain well in colander.
4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cream, garlic, shallot, thyme sprig, rosemary sprig, bay leaf and peppercorns. Set over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer.
5. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the cream is reduced to 1 C (8 fl. oz/ 250 ml), 10-12 minutes. Strain through a fine0mes sieve and keep warm.
6. Working in batches, pass the potatoes through a ricer into a large bowl. Add the butter, then gradually pour in the cream, stirring constantly until the potatoes are smooth and creamy.
7. Stir in chives and season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve immediately
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (4g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0.5mg||0 %|
|Potassium 14.5mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.9g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.9g|
|Protein 0.1g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.