A healthy, protein rich, asian style recipie. Succulent grilled chicken marinated in sweet hoisin sauce, served with flavoursome vegetables and rice.
(approx. 398 calories per serving)
...take pleasure in cooking, appreciate new and exciting flavours, share the experience with a friend and love life!...
1. Remove any fat from the chicken breasts (optional), mix in bowl with hoisin and soy sauce then marinade for 10 minutes
2. Set grill to high, remove excess sauce and lay the chicken on the grill for 10 minutes, turning them over halfway. Once cooked through keep warm on a low heat.
3. At the same time, have the rice on boil for about 10 minutes (1 mug:2 mugs of water.) Once boiled, add the ground ginger, mix in, then cover with tin foil to keep it warm and fluffy.
3. Once the chicken and rice is grilling and boiling, boil the broccoli for 3-4 minutes and drain. Heat the garlic and ginger with oil or cooking spray in a wok for 1 min, add the bok choi and spring onions and heat for a further 2 mins. Finally, add the broccoli and stir fry for a further 1-2 mins with a dash of soy sauce.
4. Serve a chicken breast per person with the vegetables and rice.
For presentational purposes, you can mould the rice into a cup then turn upside down onto the plate.
Any leftover hoisin sauce can be heated and kept in a pouring jug on the table.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1217g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 150 (11%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.7g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.9g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.3g|
|Cholesterol 548mg||169 %|
|Sodium 1079.3mg||37 %|
|Potassium 3048.4mg||80 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 55.5g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 49.9g|
|Protein 226g||323 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1330
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.