1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees Farenheight. Line 3 large baking sheets
with parchment paper.
2) Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together into medium bowl.
3) Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in large bowl to blend well.
Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Mix in lemon peel, vanilla, and aniseed. Beat
in flour mixture just until blended.
4) Stir in cranberries and pistachios (dough will be sticky).
5) Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Gather dough together;
divide in half. Roll each half into 15-inch-long log (about 1-1/4 inches
wide). Carefully transfer logs to 1 prepared baking sheet, spacing
3 inches apart.
6) Bake logs until almost firm to touch but still pale, about 28 minutes.
Cool logs on baking sheet 10 minutes. Maintain oven temperature.
7) Carefully transfer logs still on parchment to cutting board. Using
serrated knife and gentle sawing motion, cut logs crosswise into
generous 1/2-inch-thick slices.
8) Place slices, 1 cut side down, on remaining 2 prepared sheets.
Bake until firm and pale golden, about 9 minutes per side. Trans-
fer cookies to racks and cool.
9) Line another baking sheet with waxed paper. Stir white chocolate
in top of double boiler over barely simmering water just until
smooth. Remove from over water.
10) Dip 1 end of each cookie in melted chocolate, tilting pan if
necessary; shake off excess chocolate.
11) Place cookies on prepared sheet. Chill until chocolate is firm,
about 30 minutes.
NOTE: Can be made 5 days ahead. Store airtight between sheets
of waxed paper at room temperature.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (29g)|
|Recipe Makes: 21 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 33 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.7g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.9g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 42mg||13 %|
|Sodium 22mg||1 %|
|Potassium 55.3mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.8g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 9.3g|
|Protein 1.9g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 77
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!