A great chili recipe with all the flavour of spice without the extra spiciness. The longer it simmers, the better it's going to be!
1) Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat
2) Cook the onion and garlic until fragrant and onions are slightly translucent
3) Add paprika, chili powder, crushed chili flakes and oregano (to taste), toasting them until moisture is absorbed and spices are fragrant
4) Add beef and brown slightly. Do not brown completely to keep meat tender
5) Add can of tomatoes, water, salt, pepper and hot sauce (to taste)
6) Bring to a boil and simmer on medium-high until sauce has reduced slightly
7) Add peppers and kidney beans when possible into the mixture, and continue to simmer on medium-low heat until mixture has reduced to half — about 1-2 hours
8) Add more oregano to taste and the corn/peas/dice carrots
9) Continue to simmer until desired consistency is achieved, then serve immediately with cheddar cheese, green onions and sour cream, or chill and reheat at a later time for best results
Again, the longer it simmers and the longer it has to cool down, the more flavorful it will be.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (119g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 39 (35%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.3g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 17.9mg||6 %|
|Sodium 176.2mg||6 %|
|Potassium 272.3mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 6.7g|
|Protein 7.9g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 110
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!