1. In a medium saucepan combine sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk to break up clumps.
2. Stir in water and salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
Once the mixture boils, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until slightly thickened (about 5 minutes).
3. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
4. Stir in vanilla extract.
5. Cool/store in the refrigerator.
6. Pour into some sort of serving bottle-you can purchase glass ones, or (if you're me) just use a leftover chocolate syrup bottle.
Nutrition: 1 tbsp = 1 serv: 50cal, 0.5g fat, 10.5g sugar, 12.4g carbs
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (47g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2803.5mg||97 %|
|Potassium 104.4mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 11.9g|
|Protein 1.8g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 54
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!