1. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, pepper, salt, and thyme.
2. Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the milk and butter.
3. Stir together until the dough forms. If it seems too dry, add a splash of milk.
4. Scoop the dough and drop into the simmering soup. Be sure to spread the dumplings out, don't clump them all together.
5. Once all of the dumplings have been added, gently press them down to dunk them in the soup. Once done, cover the pot and keep the soup on a low simmer.
6. Cook for 15 minutes, gently stirring to ensure the soup does not burn. Cut a dumpling in half to make sure the dumplings are cooked through before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (150g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 81 (22%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.6g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 24.8mg||8 %|
|Sodium 326.8mg||11 %|
|Potassium 107.6mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 74.2g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 74.2g|
|Protein 2.4g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 376
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!