1. The night before: Place the flour in a large bowl. Add the melted coconutoil and water and vinegar. Starting mixing with a fork or wooden spoon untilit gets to stiff. Knead the rest of the flour in (you can do this right inthe bowl if you want, or on the counter) using your hands until it forms aball. It shouldn?t be too sticky, or to dry. You can easily adjust by addinga bit more water for a dry dough or a bit more flour for a sticky dough. Putback in the bowl and cover well. Leave out on the counter top overnight.
2. The next morning, flatten your ball out on the counter, using a littlewhite flour, if needed to prevent sticking.
3. Sprinkle over the top the baking soda, salt and optional rosemary. Foldin half and knead gently until salt and baking soda are evenly mixed in. Youare now ready to roll it out!
4. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, and lightly flour a surface (I use alarge wooden cutting board). I liked to roll out a quarter of the dough at atime, for more control. Roll out quite thinly (and as evenly as possible),using as much white flour, or arrowroot flour as you need to preventsticking. The thinner you roll it out, the more crisp and crunchy it willbe.
5. Carefully transfer over to a cutting board and cut out using either use asharp knife or a pizza cutter. I make about 2 by 2 inch crackers, though Icertainly don?t make them all the same size.
6. Place on a greased cookie sheet and prick with a fork. Lightly sprinklewith sea salt, coarse or fine, either is fine.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes and check. They will be done when they arebrowning slightly. Don?t overcook as they will become bitter. Cool oncooling sheets and enjoy! I like to store them in a glass jar on thecounter. They are so pretty!
Nutrition (calculated from recipe ingredients)---------------------------------------------- Calories: 55 Calories From Fat: 49 Total Fat: 5.6g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 2188.4mg Potassium: 2.5mg Carbohydrates: <1g Fiber: <1g Sugar: <1g Protein: <1g
Recipe Source: The Nourishing Gourmet
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (66g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 9 (7%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 178.6mg||6 %|
|Potassium 154.3mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.5g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 23.3g|
|Protein 5.7g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 133
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!