1. In an extra large bowl, mix water, yeast, and 3T sugar. Add 3 cups white flour plus 2 cups wheat flour, and stir until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand for 30 minutes, or until risen and bubbly.
2. Stir in 3 tablespoons melted butter, 2T sugar, salt, gluten, fruit fresh and darifree. Stir in 2 cups whole wheat flour. Flour a flat surface and knead with whole wheat flour until just slightly sticky to touch. This may take more or less whole wheat flour than 3 1/2 cups.
3. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to coat. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
4. Punch down and make into 2 loaves plus 4 rolls. Place in greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans (oblong pan for rolls) and allow to rise until dough has topped the loaf pans by one inch.
4. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes; do not overbake. Immediately remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack. Brush the tops of loaves with oil to prevent crust from getting hard.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (70g)|
|Recipe Makes: 36 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 27 (15%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.4g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 5.1mg||2 %|
|Sodium 16.8mg||1 %|
|Potassium 130.7mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 34.4g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 30.8g|
|Protein 6.6g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 186
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.