This is a KFC copycat recipe. These taste soooo good!!! I'm going to use this sauce for everything!! Well, not everything...but it's really good! My eldest son has really missed KFC wings after moving to the UK, and this is a great substitute. Not exact, but good enough not to need to be exact! I couldn't find any liquid smoke, but we loved it anyway.
1. Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until ingredients are well-combined and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. As sauce is simmering, heat up 6 to 8 cups of oil in a deep fryer set to 350 degrees. Combine the beaten egg with the milk in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper and MSG.
3. When oil is hot, dip each wing first in the flour mixture, then into the milk and egg mixture, and back into the flour. Arrange wings on a plate until each one is breaded.
4. Fry the wings in the oil for 9 to 12 minutes or until light, golden brown. If you have a small fryer, you may wish to fry 10 of the wings at a time. Drain on paper towels or a rack.
5. When the sauce is done, brush the entire surface of each wing with a light coating of sauce. Serve immediately.
55 min | 15 min prep
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Dozen (2733g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Dozen|
|Calories from Fat: 18606 (97%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2067.4g||2757 %|
|Saturated Fat 163g||815 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1295.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 578.4g|
|Cholesterol 331.5mg||102 %|
|Sodium 2064.8mg||71 %|
|Potassium 1659.5mg||44 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 172.6g||51 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.8g||23 %|
|Sugars, other 166.8g|
|Protein 73.8g||105 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 19268
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!