----- Procedure -----
1. In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
2. Using electric mixer beat butter until light; gradually add honey,beating until light and creamy. Beat in egg, vanilla and milk. Gradually addflour mixture, mixing until well blended.
3. Spoon batter into 12 paper-lined or greased muffin cups, filling each 3/4full. Bake at 350?F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted incenter comes out clean. Remove from oven to wire rack. Let cool in pan for 5minutes; remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
4. Spread top of each cupcake with Chocolate Honey Glaze, if desired.
----- Chocolate Honey Glaze -----
1. In a small saucepan, melt 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips over lowheat; remove from heat. Add 1/4 cup honey, stirring until well blended.Spread on cupcakes. Birthday Cupcakes-Decorate with ready-to-spreadfrosting, decorator frosting in tubes, assorted small candies or candysprinkles.
Nutrition (provided by recipe author)------------------------------------- Calories: 148 Calories From Fat: 42 Total Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 166mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g
Recipe Source: National Honey Board
Web Page: www.honey.com
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (51g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 143 (66%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.9g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.9g||49 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 56.2mg||17 %|
|Sodium 253.5mg||9 %|
|Potassium 37.8mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.6g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 17.3g|
|Protein 1.8g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 216
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!