I first made these in 2000. These are my favorite dinner rolls! I got the recipe out of a cookbook that famous country singers contributed to. This was sent in by Steve Wariner. You'll have no room for dinner after you start eating these! I make my rolls a bit bigger, so of course my yield is considerably less then recipe states.
1. Combine 2 cups flour and yeast in a large mixer bowl. Heat milk, honey, margarine and salt just until warm (115 to 120F) and margarine is almost melted, stirring constantly. Add to flour mixture; add eggs.
2. Beat at low speed of electric mixer for 30 seconds; scrape sides of bowl constantly. Beat for 3 minutes at high speed. Stir in as much remaining flour as you can mix in with a spoon.
3. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 mins). Shape into a ball. Place dough in a greased bowl, then turn it once. Cover dough and let rise in a warm place till double (about 1 hour). Punch dough down; divide in half. Cover again; let rest 10 minutes.
4. Cut each dough half into 18 equal pieces. Roll into balls, and place in greased 2 1/2-inch muffin pans. Let rise until doubled (about 30 mins).
5. Bake in a 375F oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool on a wire rack.
6. Makes 36 rolls.
2� hours | 2 hours prep
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Dozen (410g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Dozen|
|Calories from Fat: 307 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 34.2g||46 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.5g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.6g|
|Cholesterol 709.3mg||218 %|
|Sodium 369.9mg||13 %|
|Potassium 535.8mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 154.7g||45 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.8g||23 %|
|Sugars, other 148.8g|
|Protein 41.2g||59 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1096
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.