1) Cut the breasts in half horizontally so that you have two thin slices from each breast, creating four "steaks" in total. Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
2) Place flour in a shallow bowl. Coat chicken in flour and shake off excess.
3) Melt 3 tbl. of the butter in a large skillet over high heat. (Hold back 1/2 tbl. for later.)
4) Place chicken in skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden. Turn and cook the other side for 1 minute.
5) Turn heat down to slightly to medium high.
6) Make a bit of room in the pan and add garlic, top with remaining dab of butter. Stir garlic briefly once butter melts.
7) Add vinegar, soy sauce and honey. Stir/shake pan to combine. Bring sauce to simmer--watch carefully so it doesn't burn!!--then simmer for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
8) Turn chicken to coat in sauce. If the sauce gets too thick, add a touch of water and stir.
9) Remove the stove immediately. Place chicken on serving plates and drizzle over remaining sauce.
10) Serve with rice and a vegetable.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (205g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 96 (33%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.6g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 72.6mg||22 %|
|Sodium 948.3mg||33 %|
|Potassium 572.4mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 24g|
|Protein 25.4g||36 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 294
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.